57 startup lessons
I love all of the Development items on this sta...
I love all of the Development items on this start up lessons list, but the whole list is good, you should go read it.
- Development speed is everything.
- Minimize complexity. The simpler the product, the more likely you are to actually ship it, and the more likely you are to fix problems quickly.
- Pick implementations that give 80% of the benefit with 20% of the work.
- Use off the shelf components whenever possible.
- Use development sprints. Make sure your sprints aren’t longer than one or two weeks.
- Beware of long projects. If you can’t fit it into a sprint, don’t build it.
- Beware of long rewrites. If you can’t fit it into a sprint, don’t do it.
- If you must do something that doesn’t fit into a sprint, put as much structure and peer review around it as possible.
- Working on the wrong thing for a month is equivalent to not showing up to work for a month at all.